Besides already getting hit this summer by a doubling of the gas tax from 19 cents to 38 cents, the diesel tax going up to 45 cents, the vehicle title fee increasing to $150, the salvage title fee quadrupling and a brand new “junk” vehicle title fee, more increases have gone into effect. Thanks to Gov. Prtiztker’s $45 billion capital plan, more than 60 new fee increases took effect on January 1, 2020 for required vehicle fees at the Secretary of State’s Office.
Here some the fee increases to be prepared for when you make your next trip to the Secretary of State’s Office:
- Motor Vehicles of 1st Division (typical car or small truck) – $101 to $151
- Electric Vehicles – $17.50 to $251
- C class of 8,001 -10,000 lbs (typical light pickup truck) – $118 to $218
- D class of 10,001 – 12,000 lbs (medium pickup truck) – $138 to $238
- Tow behind trailer, TA class (3,000 lbs or less) – $18 to $118
- Tow behind trailer, TB class (3,001 – 5,000 lbs) – $54 to $154
For a complete list of the fee increases you can expect during your next trip to the Secretary of State’s Office, Click Here.